A stay at The Langham, Chicago

by - August 05, 2024

 I had my first trip to Chicago this May and it was so much fun! My first impression about the city was the architecture/ skyscrapers- even coming from Hong Kong where skyscrapers are extremely common, I was amazed by Chicago's beautiful skyline, especially the mix of historical and modern skyscrapers.


Most of the city's iconic high rise buildings are along the Chicago River and among others, there came The Langham, Chicago. I have stayed at a few other Langham hotels and this Chicago outlet was totally one of my top favorites! Unlike the Langham Sydney which was like an elegant private mansion, nor the Langham Boston which was glamourous and full of history (i.e. the former Federal Reserve Bank of Boston), the Langham, Chicago towers above the city and is housed in, a Ludwig Mies van der Rohe designed riverfront landmark, which is a Midcentury modern building added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2010. 


I loved the suite I stayed which featured natural light from floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the Chicago River and city skyline. I would always remember that enchanting moment when-  you just lied there to enjoy the sunset, then gradually after that, the city glowed up with city lights. You just couldn't help but fall in love with the space.


The Langham, Chicago also got one of the best lounges ever I have visited - it was very spacious and the interior got such warm tones ad rich textiles. The art pieces displayed throughout the lounge (the whole hotel indeed) created such refined, harmonious ambiance. Check out my captures below!












Lounge 














Check out the website for more!




You May Also Like

0 coment�rios